If you are having a signal issue, these issues relate to two things.
- What is being displayed on your screen?
- What TV this is happening on?
These questions will help determine where to look and what to do, below are troubleshooting steps.
TV says “No Signal” on a Plain Black, Blue or Snowy Screen.
- This issue is generally resolved by making sure the TV is on the right input, as well as making sure all the connected cables are tightened and correctly connected into the right inputs on the back of the receiver.
After above steps have been completed proceed to next steps.
Is the Green Light on steady?
If there is NO GREEN LIGHT on the front of your DISH receiver
- Press and Release the Power Button on the front of the receiver. If the light is blinking or will not come on check that your receiver’s power cord is plugged into an electrical outlet and is tightly connected to the back of the receiver.
- If the steps above have not resolved your issue perform a power reset.
- Unplug the receiver From Power Outlet for 10 seconds, then plug it back in.
- If you are unable to reach your power cord
- Press the Reset Button on the front of the receiver or Hold Down the Power Button for 10 seconds
Do you have a Black Screen, with a Guide Menu?
- First, use the DISH remote to turn your receiver Off for 10 seconds, and then turn it back on. If the picture is still black, try pressing Channel Up on the remote, and then Channel Back Down.
Do you have a Black Screen, with NO Guide Menu?
- Make sure your video cable is securely connected to both your TV and your receiver.
- Set your TV to the correct input by pressing the Input or Source button on your original TV remote or on the TV itself.
- Preform a Power Reset on your receiver, by Unplugging the receiver from the power outlet for 10 seconds, and then plug it back in.
If problem persists, Please call Superior Satellite 208-426-9800