If your remote is having issues controlling your DISH receiver, the problem is typically caused by dead batteries, a remote error, or a receiver error.
Let us check a couple things:
- Are you using the correct remote for this room?
- Press the LOCATE REMOTE button on the front of the receiver to make the remote beep repeatedly.
- Look on the remote for a sticker with the room name.
- Press the SAT button
- Press the SYSTEM INFO or SYS INFO button on the front panel of your DISH receiver.
- Link the remote to your DISH receiver
While System Info is on the TV, press the SAT button on the remote.
If the remote beeps, then it has linked to the receiver and should be working; try it now.
- Make sure the batteries are not dead
Replace the batteries if they have not been replaced in approximately 6 months or if the on-screen battery indicator is low.
- If you replaced the batteries, try resetting the batteries by removing the batteries for 10 seconds, then reinsert them with both rows going the same direction.
- Check the remote antenna on the back of your DISH receiver. (If this remote is for a Joey, it will not have an antenna – you can skip this step.)
Make sure the remote antenna is standing upright and connected hand-tight to the receiver. There should not be other electronic equipment or cables touching with the antenna.
If problems remain, preform a Power Reset on your receiver, by Unplugging the receiver from the power outlet for 10 seconds, and then plug it back in.
If problem persists, Please call Superior Satellite 208-426-9800